- Active honey has much greater antibacterial properties compared to normal honey. We have Australian Manuka honey available in a variety of MGO ratings.
- MGO (Methylglyoxal) Activity Rating
- One of the main components attributed to the unique activity in Manuka honey is methylglyoxal (MGO).
- MGO is an indicator of the strength of the activity in Manuka honey.
- We have Australian Manuka honey available in a variety of MGO ratings. The activity strength (MGO Rating) on the label indicates the therapeutic benefit of the honey, the higher the rating the more beneficial the honey will be.
- MGO Comparison to NPA/UMF
- Honey that contains Non Peroxide Activity (NPA also known as UMF®) is found in New Zealand and Australia. MGO is measured in parts per million (ppm) and NPA is measured as a percentage of phenol equivalent.
- MGO refers to a chemical marker and indicator of the strength of NPA or UMF® activity in Manuka honey. To find the MGO equivalent to the UMF please refer to our interactive conversion graph, which will assist in you selection of Manuka honey.
There are no reviews yet.