Living a Healthier Lifestyle with Manuka Honey, everyday.
Manuka honey is a type of honey that is produced in Australia and New Zealand from the nectar of the Manuka bush. It has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties, and modern research has shown that it has a number of health benefits.
One of the most well-known benefits of Manuka honey is the antibacterial and antioxidant properties it carries. It has been shown to be effective against a wide range of bacteria, including those that cause acne, colds, flu, and other infections. Manuka honey can also help to heal wounds and burns, and it can even be used to treat stomach ulcers.
In addition to its antibacterial properties, Manuka honey also has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial properties. These properties make it a valuable addition to a healthy lifestyle, and they can help to improve overall health and well-being.
Here are some ways to use Manuka honey daily to improve your health:
- As a sweetener (MGO 83 or under): Manuka honey can be used as a natural sweetener in tea, coffee, smoothies, and other foods. It has a slightly sweet, caramel flavour that pairs well with many different dishes.
- On toast (MGO 83 or under): Spread Manuka honey on toast for a healthy and delicious breakfast. It can also be used as a topping for pancakes, waffles, and other breakfast foods.
- In a smoothie (MGO 263 and above): Add Manuka honey to your favourite smoothie for a boost to your immune system and nutrients. It can also be used to thicken smoothies and make them more satisfying.
- As a topical treatment (MGO 263 and above): Manuka honey can be applied topically to wounds, burns, and other skin conditions. It can also be used to treat acne and other skin problems.
- In a bath (MGO 263 and above): Add Manuka honey to your bathwater for a relaxing and therapeutic experience. The honey will help to soothe your skin and promote healing. And, No! you will not feel the stickiness at all!
Manuka honey is safe for most people to consume, but it is important to note that it is a form of sugar and should be consumed in moderation. If you have any concerns about using Manuka honey, be sure to talk to your doctor.
Here are some specific ways to use Manuka honey for families with kids and the elderly:
For families with kids:
- As a natural cough suppressant (MGO 263 and above): Manuka honey can be used to soothe a sore throat and suppress a cough. It can be given to children as young as 1 year old.
- To help heal cuts and scrapes (MGO 263 and above): Manuka honey can be applied topically to cuts and scrapes to help them heal faster. It can also help to prevent infection.
- To help with teething pain (MGO 263 and above): Manuka honey can be rubbed on the gums of teething babies to help relieve pain and inflammation.
For the elderly:
- As a natural antibiotic (MGO 514 and above): Manuka honey can be used to treat a variety of infections in the elderly, including urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and skin infections.
- To help improve gut health (MGO 514 and above): Manuka honey can help to improve gut health in the elderly by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut. This can help to improve digestion, boost the immune system, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- To help with wound healing (MGO 514 and above): Manuka honey can help to speed up the healing of wounds in the elderly due to the antibacterial properties it carries. It can also help to prevent infection.
Manuka honey is a versatile and beneficial substance that can be used to improve the health and well-being of people of all ages. By incorporating Manuka honey into your daily routine, you can boost your immune system, improve your gut health, and heal wounds faster.
Leave a comment: